2 Granny Smith Apples
2 cans of Crescent Rolls
2 Sticks of butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 small can of Mountain Dew
1. Peel and core apples, slice each into 8 slices
2. Roll apple slices each in a crescent roll
3. Place in a 9 x 13" buttered pan
4. Melt butter and add to sugar, stir just until mixed.
5. Sprinkle sugar/butter mixture over the dumplings
6. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan, it will seem like a lot of liquid
7. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top of it all
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes!
Thanks Karen Padgett for this fantastic recipe!
Oh! it obviously serves 8!