Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Italian Chicken!

Italian Chicken

1/3 c. flour
1/2 c. egg substitute or 2 eggs beaten very well!
1 1/3 c. panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Tbsp. Dried oregano
1/4 t. salt
1 t. paprika
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (cut in half or pounded to 1/2" thick)
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce!

1. Place flour, oregano, paprika, salt in a gallon size zip lock baggie
2. pour panko and parm. cheese in another large zip lock baggie
3. mix the eggs and place in a bowl for dipping
4. Place the oil in a large skillet heat to medium high
5. Dredge pounded chicken breast in the flour baggie, shake off the excess
6. Dipped floured breast in egg mixture, let it drip dry a little bit
7. Then dredge it in the panko filled baggie
8. Fry in the skillet 4 minutes on each side or fry just until golden, then place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. (this is what I d0!) I need the extra time to get the rest of supper ready!

After the chicken is done, just heat up the sauce and serve it over the chicken with your favorite Italian cheese on top! So good and not hard!


Panko!


O.K. can I just say this is my newest favorite thing! I made this chicken recipe last night and it was so good! But what really excited me was thinking of all the stuff I could dip in this panko and fry just to see how crunchy it would be! Yummmm! I really try not to fry anything but this had my mind a whirlin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment